How do I make a tax payment using EFTPS?
Payments must be scheduled at least one calendar day prior to the tax due date (before 8:00 p.m. ET). Remember, you can use EFTPS to make all federal tax payments and to review up to sixteen months of your tax payment history.
- Visit www.eftps.gov.
- Select "Make a Payment."
- Log in with your EIN/SSN/PIN and Internet password.*
- Enter the payment information in the step-by-step screens.
- When you're finished, save a copy of the payment Confirmation page.**
- Call 1-800-555-3453.
- Enter your EIN/SSN and PIN.
- Press 1 to make a payment.
- Follow the prompts to complete your payment.
- Record your EFT Acknowledgment Number.
*For your added security, the first time you visit www.eftps.gov, you will be prompted to change this password.
**This contains your EFT Acknowledgment Number that acts as a receipt for your payment instruction.