Visa Purchase Alerts
What are Purchase Alerts?What type of cards can I enroll in Purchase Alerts?How quickly after I enroll in Purchase Alerts will I begin receiving alerts? What types of Purchase Alerts are available?Help Center
Purchase Alerts are messages sent to your email or mobile phone to help you manage and track your signature-based Visa® credit and/or debit card transactions. Alerts provide near real-time notification of transaction activity based on your alert settings. You select from preset alerts and specify the settings for the alerts you want to receive (for example, the option to be notified when a transaction exceeds a specific value). Information in the alert includes the amount of the transaction, the merchant name and location (if available), and the last 4 digits of the Visa card used. Alerts can be sent to an e-mail address or to a mobile phone as an SMS text messageWhat are the benefits of Purchase Alerts?
The advantages of Purchase Alerts are that they:
- Let you monitor your card's signature-based purchase transactions in near-real-time
- Offer you peace of mind by providing timely information that helps you monitor your Visa card for suspicious activity.
- Give you a tool to help you manage your money.
You can enroll most Visa credit and debit cards. For debit cards, Purchase Alerts are not available for purchases that require you enter a PIN number. You can enroll your card if you’re sharing an account; the primary account holder on the card designates the Purchase Alert settings. Purchase Alerts are available for business credit cards as well.Can multiple Visa credit cards on one account receive Purchase Alerts?
Yes. Purchase Alerts can be sent to up to two cardholders on the same account. One cardholder receives an SMS message and one cardholder receives the e-mail alert message. The primary account holder designates the mobile number that receives the SMS message alert and the e-mail account that receives the e-mail alert.Can two debit cards on the same checking account receive Purchase Alerts?
Yes. Two debit cardholders who share the same account can each receive Purchase Alerts. Each cardholder logs in to their Online Banking account to enroll in Purchase Alerts, customize his/her Purchase Alert choices and designate if he/she wants to receive SMS alert or e-mail messages.Can I have different Purchase Alerts settings for different cards or will all my cards be enrolled with the same alert selection settings? Is there a charge to enroll in Purchase Alerts?
You can enroll in Purchase Alerts at no charge from Southeast Financial. Standard mobile text and data charges apply for SMS alerts.
The following alerts are available:
- Threshold transaction: An alert is sent if a purchase amount is greater than a preset dollar amount.
- Card-not-present transaction: An alert is sent if a purchase is made without having to physically present the card at the point of sale, such as when a purchase is made online or by phone.
- International transaction: An alert is sent if a purchase is made outside the country that issued the Visa card.
- Gasoline transaction: An alert is sent if a purchase is made at a gas station (i.e., fuel, car wash)
- Declined transaction: An alert is sent if a purchase is made and subsequently declined for any reason.