Holiday Shopping Safety Tips
This year, most of us are choosing to shop a little differently when completing our holiday to-do list. While online shopping makes it easier to shop safe, don't forget to shop smart. During the holidays, reports of theft, fraud, and other crimes increase significantly. Following the tips below can help keep you safe and protect your purchases and personal information, too.
Tips for Safely Shopping Online
- Always shop with a credit card.
- Only shop at websites you trust.
- Keep your phone and laptop locked.
- Don't use public wifi.
- Be careful when clicking links from unknown sources.
- Use strong passwords.
- Don’t save sensitive information on sites or in your browser.
- Avoid giving out too much personal information.
- Review statements for unfamiliar or suspicious transactions.